NEF-SUNY STEM+ Academy Grant ($100 Million) See STEM PPT
Summary and Application for School Year 2017-18
by NEF (National Education Foundation), national non-profit leader in K-12 STEM+ Education,
and SUNY (State University of New York), the largest university in the U.S.
Grant Details and Application
Grant Rationale: U.S. students are ranked in the bottom 20% in STEM education globally
Goal: To provide world-class academic (mapped to every state’s standards) and applicational (STEM design contests and awards at the District, State and National levels) STEM+ education to a million K-12 students to prepare them for college and the 21st century jobs
Eligibility: Any school district/school with 35% or more students on free/reduced cost meals; Others pay a higher fee–call us at 703-823-9999.
Deadline: Grants are awarded on an ongoing basis, first come, first served.
Performance Outcomes: On average, students advance one grade level in a subject like math or reading in 20-30 learning hours. See http://academies.cyberlearning.org
Your Cost: The cost per student per year for proving the world-class the STEM+ program is $1,450. With NEF providing 80% grant, your cost drops to $290. Funds can come from Title I, other Federal, state, foundation, and other sources.
What You Get: For the $290 you pay per student per year, you will receive the following, as part of NEF’s Total System Solution called PSL-MM- TPT-FS:
- Personalized learning courses mapped to your state standards (top-rated SuccessMaker for K-8 math & ELA, GradPoint for 9-12 STEM, ELA, Social Studies & SAT/ACT, Digital Literacy for middle and high schools, and Skillsoft for Career Tech IT/Business/Professional Development) for every participating student
- Stipend for the Director of the program
- LMS (state-of-the art)
- Motivational rewards for students ( iPads, gift certificates, Minecraft licenses for K-8 students, $1 million STEM Design Software for 9-12 students etc.)
- Teacher training and mentoring (professional development courses facilitating CEUs)
- Parent training (in 100+ IT and Business certifications with world-class online courses and live online mentors)
- Tech support
- Fitness Incentives (to help improve fitness levels of students)
- State University of New York (SUNY) certificates, support and guidance for Students, Teachers and Parents
Complete the application form below: (Call NEF at 703-823-9999 for any assistance)
APPLICATION FORM for School Year 2017-18 (Complete and Submit)
For a description of the courses, please review our course catalog at www.cyberlearning.org/catalog
If you need assistance, call us at 703-823-9999.