NEF is the national nonprofit leader in setting up STEM+ (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, English, Social Studies, SAT/ACT, IT, Business and Management) academies in disadvantaged K-12 school districts/schools/charter schools in the U.S.
NEF’s goal, set at the June, 2011 Clinton Global Initiative, is to train a million disadvantaged students in STEM+ skills, with focus on females and minorities.
NEF currently has STEM+ academies in many school districts in CA, FL, IL, MT, NY and TX. NEF also has Math Homework Helper academies in 220 school districts serving 700,000 students.
Cost- Effectiveness: NEF CyberLearning Academies helps a student to go up a grade level in math/reading in 25 learning hours at a heavily subsidized (by NEF) cost of $35 per student per year per subject vs $2,000 per student per year using Federal Title I funds
Academies: NEF donates 5,500 courses including Pearson SuccessMaker (K-8) and Pearson NovaNET (9-12) rated at the top by the U.S. Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse reports. We provide 16 CyberLearning STEM+ Academies you can choose from:
K-5: (2 Academies) Math, ELA (Reading)
6-8: (3 Academies) Math, ELA, Digital Literacy
9-12: (8 Academies) Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, SAT/ACT, IT, Business, Management
Vocational, Career Tech, Adult Ed (3 Academies): IT (including 60 IT certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, A+, Net+, Security+, Web Design, Internet Security), Business and Management (including project management) certifications.
CyberLearning Total Solution consists of:
- Individualized Learning: Customized learning for each student.
- Stipend for tTeachers and the Academy Director: Financial reward program
- Learning Management System (LMS): Provides tracking of student activities, student progress
and real time reports (for school superintendent, school board etc.).
- Motivational Program: Teacher stipends, student rewards (iPods, gift certificates, etc.), parent awards, Student-Teacher-Parent Award Day.
- Mentoring Program: Mentoring for students, which is critical to their academic success.
- Teacher Training & Professional Development: Your teachers will receive the training they need to deliver quality courses to students.
- Tech Support & 24/7 Help Line: You will always have support help for technical issues or questions. In addition, we also provide:
Math Homework Helper academy: Get online 24/7 math homework help for 7-12th graders, and Parent Job Training academy: We have IT, Business and Management courses for parents & community members. Involve everyone in your community with job skills development opportunities.