National Education Foundation Program in India
The goal of the NEF program in India is to train and certify one million Indian university students in 21st Century IT /Soft Emplyability Skills at a high quality global standard with certificates and credits from NEF partner, the State University of New York (SUNY), the largest university in the U.S., during 2017-2018 via a national initiative, and double it every year, so that India becomes the world leader in in providing 21st century skilled workforce by 2030.
RATIONALE & MISSION: India is blessed with the “Demographic Dividend”–the average worker age in India is in the 20s vs late 30s in the US and China, 40s in Europe and 50s in Japan. So, by 2030, India would have more young workers than any other country. If India prepares its millions of university and non-university students in the 21st century job skills at high global standard, India would become the global leader; otherwise, India, with millions of unemployes graduates, will face upheavel.
Indian and global employers need millions of qualified employees with 21st century skills. Industry estimates indicate that only a quarter of all college graduates are employable. It is hard to believe that a country, where half of the population is under age 25, is facing a skilled worker shortage! Indian employers find it time-consuming and expensive to first select suitable employees and then up-skill them for jobs.
The NEF INDIA project offers high-quality, affordable 21st Century IT and Soft Skills blended (online + classroom) training to prospective employees nationally in high-demand courses and certification programs such as CyberSecurity, Cloud Computing and Project Management, giving everyone in India an equal opportunity to get good IT and Soft Skills jobs.
NEF Founder and Chairman Dr. Appu Kuttan is an internationally-renowned expert in improving national socio-economic programs using Management By Systems (MBS), Happy and Holistic Executive practices and empowerment through digital education. He is the ‘father of Cyberlearning’ (coined the word) and founder of the nonprofit National Education Foundation (NEF), the U.S. and global nonprofit leader in bridging the digital, academic and employment divides.
In the early 80’s, he advised former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in developing India’s vision to become an IT power.
In the mid and late 80’s, as the owner and Chairman of the World-famous Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy, he created the ‘Total Tennis’ system, and helped to develop three World tennis champions – Andre Agassi, Monica Seles and Jim Courier.
In 1989, he founded NEF in Washington, D.C Metro Area, USA. In 1993, NEF became operational with the encouragement of President Bill Clinton and Intel Chairman Dr. Gordon Moore, with funds donated by Dr. Kuttan from the proceeds of the tennis academy sale to IMG, the multi-billion dollar sports management global leader. NEF set a goal of training millions of disadvantaged students and adults in IT and business skills via digital education. Having achieved that vision in the U.S. and other countries including training tens of thousands of Mauritians in digital literacy through Mauritius Prime Minister’s Universal ICT Initiative, Dr. Kuttan has launched this NEF INDIA initiative.
HOW DOES THE NEF INDIA PROGRAM WORK?
1. Partnership with corporations/other entities in India and U.S: NEF will provide complimentary IDs giving access to all its 4,000+ top quality online Web-based IT/Business/Desktop/Soft Skills courses (used by global leaders such as Lockheed Martin) to corporations/other entities in India and U.S., followed by proposals for providing blended learning (online +classroom) training for their employees at about 30-50% savings in their training costs. NEF would then agree to sponsor an equal number of college students in Indian colleges of interest to the employers by giving scholarships, with 80% grant from NEF. Thus, the employers save 30-50% of their training costs, and receive 100% PR, publicity and CSR credits for helping to train students in colleges they choose.
2. Students will study the course materials online and in the classroom at the NEF INDIA centers at participating universities/colleges in India, and take the final exam and upon successful completion with very high passing scores, will receive course completion cetificates/credits from NEF’s academy partner, the State University of New York, globally ranked ahead of all Indian universities.
- 30-50% saving in training cost
- Fulfillment of corporate social responsibility (CSR) at no cost
- Enormous positive PR and publicity in their area in interest in India at no cost
- Enormous national and global positive PR and publicity at no cost
- Better employment opportunities for their students
- Improved reputation as an institution providing quality education geared to enployment
- Equal opportunity to get high quality training, certificates/credits from State University of New York and good jobs
- Preparing and providing equal employment opportunities for millions of Indians, especially women, and other disadvantaged segments of the population
- Helping to keep India at the top of the highly competitive global skilled workforce arena
- Improve the living standard for millions of Indians, their families and communities
The differentiators of this NEF INDIA Initiative are:
- Holistic systems-based total solution (training-certification-employment assistance)
- High-quality cost-effective program
- Universally recognized certifications
- Leveling the playing field for all (bridging the divides, for example, by giving 100% scholarships for selected women trainees)
- National focus
- An exemplary model of a US-India public-private partnership
- Win-Win-Win concept: employers win by saving training, certification and recruitment costs, while earning positive PR and publicity; NEF wins by meeting its mission of bridging divides, empowering people and making a difference in the lives of a million persons; India and Indian communities win by improving the living standards; and most importantly millions Indians and their families win with a higher quality life.
- Replicable model applicable to all states and localities
For more information on the India initiative, contact NEF INDIA President:
Prof. M.B. Gururaj 703-823-9999 email@example.com