National Education Foundation works with school districts across the country to set up K-12 STEM+ CyberLearning Academies
These academies vary and can be designed to serve your particular school district’s needs. Below are some examples.
Read testimonials from School Districts.
- K-5: (2 Academies) Math, ELA (Reading)
- 6-8: (3 Academies) Math, ELA, Digital Literacy
- 9-12: (8 Academies) Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies, SAT/ACT, IT, Business, Management
- Vocational, Career Tech, Adult Ed (3 Academies): IT (including 60 IT certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, A+, Net+, Security+, Web Design, Internet Security),and management (including project management) certifications
Click on courses to see our 2,500+ Web-based, interactive, individualized courses including Pearson SuccessMaker, NovaNet and GradPoint, as well as Skillsoft (the global leader) IT and Business. A student can advance one grade level in math/reading in 20-30 learning hours of active participation in our system. We donate all the top-rated courses, and for a heavily subsidized (by NEF) nominal fee of $120 per student per year per subject (vs $1,500 per student with Federal Title I funds), we provide a Total CyberLearning Solution — ISLMMTT– consisting of the following 7 services:
- Individualized Learning: Customized learning for each student.
- Stipend for Teachers and the Academy Director (Performance-based): Financial reward program
- Learning Management System (LMS): Provides tracking of student activities, student progress and real time reports (for teachers, principals, parents, school superintendent, school board etc.).
- Motivational Program: Student rewards (tablets, iPods, gift certificates,etc.), the CyberLearning Olympic Boards in classrooms with Bronze, Silver and Gold levels), Parent awards, Student-Teacher-Parent Award Day.
- Mentoring Program: Mentoring for students.
- Teacher Training & Professional Development: Your teachers will receive onsite and online training they need to deliver quality courses to students.
- Tech Support & 24/7 Help Line: You will always have support help for technical issues or questions.
In addition, we fund (at NO COST to school districts/schools):
- Parent Job Training academy: We have IT, Business and Management courses for parents & community members. Involve everyone in your community with job skills development opportunities.
- Teacher Training Academy: We provide Office computing, business (including the vital communications, motivation and time management skills courses for teachers and staff.
- Math Homework Helper Online Academy for Students
- Digital Literacy Academy for 8th Graders to meet the NCLB mandate
Mentoring and Motivation:
Our experience and research studies show that Mentoring and Motivation are two of the most cost-effective ways for improving student skills and scores. Yet, public schools generally have no funds for these in their budget items. Hence, NEF has made it a policy for providing schools/school districts with funds to set up effective mentoring and motivational programs in every CyberLearning academy. NEF encourages you to utilize our mentoring and motivation budget to mentor students as they start falling behind in the class, and motivate students, teachers and parents to work as a team to help improve student skills and scores. More on mentoring and motivation here.
CyberLearning Math academy, using the top-ranked Pearson SuccessMaker (K-8) and NovaNET (9-12), helps teachers to assess each student’s strengths and weaknesses in any subject area, and provide individualized lessons to strengthen weak areas. The students can receive individualized learning in the classroom, afterschool or at home via the Web. Teachers can use the courses effectively for remediation or enrichment.
CyberLearning’s K-12 ELA (English Language Arts) academy, using the top-ranked Pearson SuccessMaker (K-8) and NovaNET (9-12), rated at the top by the U.S. Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse reports, helps teachers to assess each student’s strengths and weaknesses in any subject area, and provide individualized lessons to strengthen weak areas. The students can receive individualized learning in the classroom, afterschool or at home via the Web. Teachers can use the courses effectively for remediation or enrichment.
College Prep Academy
Based on the top-rated Barron’s course materials, our SAT, ACT/NY Regents Web-based online courses can be accessed from anywhere. The courses cover test taking strategies, math concepts and practice questions, verbal concepts and practice questions as well as writing practice and questions. The course also provides several practice exams that mimic a real, full-length SAT or ACT test. Our students have made 100 + point gains in afterschool SAT/ACT programs offered by schools.
We provide 5,000 top quality Web-based online IT courses including 60 IT certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, A+, Net+, Security+, Web Design, IT Security etc. Our IC3 Digital Literacy course prepares 8th graders to pass the NCLB-mandated state digital literacy exam. The curriculum includes three modules (Computing Fundamentals, Key Applications and Living Online).
Business and Management Academy
We offer 500 business skills and video courses including Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Time Management, Personal Career Development, Business Math, Effective Business Communication, Fundamentals of Business Management, Customer Service, Motivation, Negotiation, Sexual Harassment, Quick Books, Retirement Planning, Choosing a Qualified Plan, and many more. Our courses prepare students, teachers and adults for workplace and assist them with interview and resume writing skills.
After School Academy
CyberLearning provides a customized blended approach to implement an after school or Supplemental Educational Services (SES) academy – we supply online courses in Math, English, Science and a wider range of other subjects and work closely with state certified teachers to ensure student success. Each CyberLearning Academy student is first tested by a state certified teacher. We use the test results to develop the instructional prescription of materials and curricula to address the student’s individual needs. The program combines highly rated on-line programs (Math and English Language Arts, as well as Math Homework Helper) with carefully designed motivational program that recognizes and rewards students for progress made. The program is offered in all 50 states. You can use your SES funds to implement the most cost-effectice afterschool program.