NEF-SUNY READING MONEY BACK GUARANTY GRANT
by the National Education Foundation (NEF), national non-profit leader in K-12 STEM+ Education, and SUNY (State University of New York), the largest University in the U.S.
Rationale: According to a recent U.S. Education Department report, national reading scores for 4th and 8th graders were the worst since 1990. U.S students are in the bottom 30% in reading in a highly competitive global scene. We have to take drastic measures to alleviate this serious situation.
Hence NEF and SUNY are providing 80% matching grant to K-8 schools in the nation to implement Reading Academy Total Systems that will complement and supplement existing math programs in a very flexible way.
Complete the application form below:
Grant Eligibility: All K-8 schools are eligible.
Deadline: Grants are awarded on an ongoing basis, first come, first served.
Matching Grant (80%): NEF provides 80% Matching Grant consisting of:
- All the courses (including Pearson SuccessMaker, as well as Skillsoft IT, Business, Desktop, Personal/Professional Development and SUNY Digital Literacy) worth tens of thousands of dollars
- Funds for Total System Solution PSL-MM-TT services listed below.
- Personalized Learning: Customized learning for each student
- Stipend/Bonus for the Academy Director, Teachers and Principals
- Learning Management System (LMS): Tracking of student activities, student progress and real time reports (for school superintendent, school board etc.)
- Motivational Program: Student rewards (Olympic boards in classrooms, iPods, gift certificates, etc.), parent academy in IT and business, teacher academy for professional development
- Mentoring Program: Mentoring for students
- Teacher Training
- Tech Support& 24/7 Help Line
Your Cost (20%): You pay $290 per student per year. A good portion of this fee is paid back to you for the above services
Money Back Guaranty: If 80% of your students do not advance one grade level in reading during the school year, we will reimburse you the fee you paid on a proportional basis. Thus, if only 60% of students make it, we will reimburse 20% and so on. This is the first such guarantee in the U.S.
Standards: All courses meet your state standards as well as the common core curriculum standards
APPLICATION FORM (Complete and Submit)