NEF-SUNY STEM+ Academy Grant ($100 Million) See STEM PPT
Summary and Application for School Year 2018-19
by NEF (National Education Foundation), national non-profit leader in K-12 STEM+ Education
and SUNY (State University of New York), the largest university in the U.S.
Grant Rationale: U.S. students are ranked in the bottom 30% in STEM education globally
Goal: To provide world-class academic (mapped to every state’s standards) and applicational (STEM design contests and awards at the District, State and National levels) STEM+ education to a million K-12 students to prepare them for college and the 21st century jobs
Eligibility: Any school district/school with 35% or more students on free/reduced cost meals, girls schools, minority schools; Others pay a higher fee–call us at 703-823-9999.
Deadline: January 31, 2018. Grants are awarded to the first 100 applicants.
1. At least 70% of K-8 students would advance a grade level in math during the school year if the students actively work on our program for 75 minutes a week for 36 weeks
2. Every High School/Career Tech student will have an opportunity to earn SUNY college credits for a low, 90% subsidized fee of $60 per SUNY credit hour (vs $680 regular fee)
Your Cost: The cost per student per year for proving the world-class the STEM+ program is $1,450. With NEF providing 80% grant, your cost drops to $290. Funds can come from Title I, other Federal, state, foundation, and other sources.
What You Get: For the $290 you pay per student per year, you will receive the following, as part of NEF’s Total System Solution called PSL-MM- TTC:
- Personalized learning courses mapped to your state standards (top-rated SuccessMaker for K-8 math & ELA, GradPoint for 9-12 STEM, ELA, Social Studies & SAT/ACT, Digital Literacy for middle and high schools, and Skillsoft for Career Tech IT/Business/Professional Development) for every participating student
- Salary/stipend for the Director of the program, principals and teachers
- LMS (state-of-the art)
- Motivational rewards for students ( iPads, gift certificates, Minecraft licenses for K-8 students, $1 million STEM Design Software for 9-12 students etc.)
- Teacher training and mentoring (professional development courses facilitating CEUs), and parent training (in 100+ IT and Business certifications with world-class online courses and live online mentors)
- Tech support
- College Credits from the State University of New York (SUNY) for $60 /credit (vs $680), a 90% subsidy
Distribution of $290:
The $290 you pay is given back to your District or School in terms of Cash and Services as follows:
30% cash for Motivation: student incentives (10%), teacher/director stipends (10%), STEM hands-on (10%)
40% for Personalized learning for students, teachers and parents, LMS, Mentoring, Teacher training and Professional Development
30% for College credits, Tech support and continuous guidance, support and assistance by SUNY and local university
Call NEF at 703-823-9999 for assistance
APPLICATION FORM for School Year 2018-19 (Complete and Submit)
For a description of the courses, please review our course catalog at www.stemgrant.org/catalog
If you need assistance, call us at 703-823-9999.