NEF-SUNY 80% STEM Grant ($100 Million)
Summary and Application
by NEF (National Education Foundation), global non-profit leader in K-12 STEM Education
and SUNY (State University of New York), the largest university in the U.S.
Grant: NEF Grant of 80% = $1,950; You pay $490
Grant Rationale: U.S. students are ranked in the bottom 30% in STEM education globally
Goal: To provide world-class academic (mapped to every state’s standards) and applicational (STEM design contests and awards at the District, State and National levels) STEM+ education to a million K-12 students to prepare them for college and the 21st century jobs
Eligibility: Any school district/school with 35% or more students on free/reduced cost meals, girls schools, minority schools; Others pay a higher fee–call us at 703-823-9999.
Deadline: Ongoing. Grants are awarded to the first 200 applicants.
1. At least 70% of K-8 students would advance a grade level in math (same for reading) during the school year, if the students actively work on our program for 60 minutes a week for 35 weeks
2. Every High School/Career Tech student will have an opportunity to earn SUNY college credits for a low, 90% subsidized fee of $50 per SUNY credit hour (vs $680 regular fee)
Your Cost: The cost per student per year for proving the world-class the STEM+ program is $2,450. With NEF providing 80% grant, your cost drops to $490. Funds can come from Title I, other Federal, state, foundation, and other sources.
What You Get: For the $490 you pay per student per year, you will receive the following, as part of NEF’s Total STEM System Solution (TSSS) Services, namely, IMPACT:
- ndividualized learning
- erformance tracking by SUNY (weekly)
- wards for students, teachers and academy directors
- ertificates from SUNY
- eacher PD (Professional Development)
Call NEF at 703-823-9999 for assistance