During a regular workday or class, you’ll need to take screenshots in your laptop to capture your work before it is finalized. You can save a lot of time and energy by learning how to take a screenshot in laptop. As a matter of fact, every operating system comes with a built-in method for capturing the screen. Depending on the software, you may even be able to capture specific portions and take a screenshot of a scrolling image.
How to Take Screenshot in Laptop
There are various ways to take a screenshot on Windows 7/10/11-powered laptops. The steps for how to take a screenshot in laptop with Windows 7 or 10 are the same. Take a look:
1) Using a Snipping Tool:
Whether you are using Windows 10 or Windows 7, both come with an application called ‘Snipping Tool’ which can be used to take screenshots of anything on your device. This app allows users to take a screenshot of their screen and save it as an image file without having to copy and paste it into another program first. The following steps to take a screenshot on Windows 10 & 7:
- To find Snipping Tool, go to the Start Menu.
- There are options such as ‘New’, ‘Mode’, ‘Delay’, ‘Cancel’, and ‘Options’.
- It allows users to take a screenshot on a laptop in any form they prefer (freeform, without predefined dimensions or shapes).
- ‘Mode’, on the other hand, lets you choose what kind of screenshot shape you want – from full screen to rectangular to free-form.
- ‘Cancel’ will put the process off, while ‘Delay’ will allow you to set a timer.
2) Using Alt+PrtScn:
Aside from the app, Windows laptops also allow users to take a screenshot of what’s on the screen using the ‘Alt+PrtScn’ key that is located on the keyboard. The steps will guide you:
- Using this option, you can copy only the current window that you are working on, so that you can paste it into another program when you need it.
- When using a Windows 7 or Windows 10 laptop, press the PrtScn button with the ‘Alt’ key to take a screenshot.
3) Using PrtScn or FnPrtScn:
- Most keyboards have a PrtScn key in the top-right corner.
- To take a screenshot, press the key. The screenshot will be saved to your clipboard, where you can paste it into Paint, Microsoft Word, or any other program that displays images.
- There are some laptops where the function key, labelled as ‘Fn’, can assist the button. Fn+PrtScn takes a screenshot.
4) Using Windows key+G:
- On a Windows laptop, gamers can use this option to take a screenshot.
- Press Windows and G together to overlay the game while you play.
- To take a screenshot, click the camera icon or press Windows key + Alt + PrtScn.
- Screenshots will be saved in the ‘Captures’ subfolder of the “Videos” folder.
- When playing on Steam, pressing F11 will allow you to take a screenshot, which you can access from the Steam folder.
5) Using Windows + Shift+S:
- To capture a specific portion, press Windows + Shift + S at the same time.
- By doing this, the screen will dim, the Snip and Sketch tool will be opened, and the mouse pointer will be changed to a drag pointer.
- You can capture a portion of the video by selecting it.
- You can paste the screenshot into any program that supports images by copying it to the clipboard.
How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac
Press Shift, Command, and 5 at the same time to take a screenshot on a Mac. When you click this, you will be able to choose from the following options:
- A shortcut for capturing the entire screen is to press Shift, Command, followed by 3 keys simultaneously.
- A shortcut to capture a window is to press Shift, Command, and the four keys together, then Space.
- A shortcut to highlight a section of the screen, Using the Shift, Command, and 4 keys together and then clicking and dragging to highlight a section of the screen is a shortcut.
- Make a screen recording
- Make a screen recording of a specific portion
So, these are the various steps or methods to take a screenshot on a laptop or a Mac. Thanks for taking the time to read this article. I hope it was helpful and informative for you.
For More Updates Visit: CyberLearning